Are you serious about becoming a travel writer? Are you willing to do what it takes to be among the best of the best? If so, Matador Network Ambassadors and BCATW members, Kathryn and Jett Britnell, will tell you how MatadorU’s Travel Writing Program can help you become a published travel writer.
MatadorU offers online courses, tips, and a professional career development community for aspiring travel photographers, writers, and filmmakers. The program is endorsed by National Geographic.
The BC Association of Travel Writers promotes, encourages and supports B.C.-based travel journalists, bloggers and videographers. We do this by:
- presenting a platform for our members to network in the common cause of promoting the profession.
- maintaining a policy of ethics, honesty and excellence of work in dealing with the media and the industry.
- upholding the principle of producing proper material for clients in return for complimentary courtesies and press trips offered by the industry.
- disseminating information and potential markets with the membership.
- providing educational and experiential opportunities to help members improve the professional skills and contacts needed to succeed in the ever-changing marketplace
About our new venue, Big Rock Urban Brewery
BCATW Meetups are now held in the bright, shiny conference room of Big Rock Urban Brewery at 4th Avenue and Alberta Street in Vancouver where there’s a full bar and kitchen service to sate your dinnertime needs. Stay afterward for more drinks and musical entertainment!